Carpenter ants in Illinois can be a considerable nuisance - not to mention; they can also cause a lot of damage to your home. If you think you may have black carpenter ants in your home, it's vital to get professional help right away. These ants nest in wood, so they can be found anywhere in your house. They often form tributary colonies, which means that there may be more than one colony of carpenter ants living in your home at the same time. Don't try to tackle this problem on your own - call a St. Charles pest control company today.
Signs Of A Carpenter Ant Infestation
Identifying the signs of carpenter ants is crucial to their management. You can avoid carpenter ant damage to your home by mastering them. Here are some of the most common signs that you may have these pests:
- Wood That Sounds Hollow When Tapped: This is one of the most common signs of carpenter ants. They often nest in wood that's already damaged, so if you tap on any wooden surfaces and they sound hollow, there's a good chance you have an infestation.
- Sawdust: Carpenter ants like to make their nests in moist wood. Hence, you may notice sawdust coming from the walls or floors of your home. This is one of their favorite places to nest because it's easy for them to chew through this material.
- Winged Ants: If you see winged ants flying around in your house, there's a good chance you have an infestation on your hands. Carpenter ant swarmers are seen near light sources at night.
- Ants In Your Home: If you're noticing black carpenter ants in your home, it means that there's an infestation nearby. They're looking for food and water.
You can limit or entirely avoid carpenter ant damage to your home by being proactive and knowing the signs of an infestation. Additionally, call a professional pest control company if you think you may have an issue.
What Attracts Carpenter Ants
Understanding what attracts carpenter ants in Illinois can help you prevent an infestation from occurring in the first place. Here are some of the most common carpenter ant attractants:
- They may enter your home in search of water.
- Carpenter ants like to build their nests in moist wood.
- Carpenter ants are also attracted to food sources.
- These pests are attracted to light sources at night and like the warmth that these provide.
It's important not to let carpenter ants get into your home. Let the professionals take the load off your shoulders. Using advanced carpenter ant bait and professional carpenter ant spray, they'll promptly exterminate the colonies and stop the damage.
How To Quickly Get Rid Of Carpenter Ants
If you're seeing carpenter ants in your home, it's essential to take quick action. Trying to get rid of these pests on your own using retail carpenter ant spray can be difficult and time-consuming.
However, what you can do (if possible) is to try and locate where they're nesting before calling a professional pest control company for help. If that is not possible, wait until the pest exterminator arrives.
Five Carpenter Ant Prevention Tips
Prevention is pivotal when it comes to carpenter ants. Here are five tips you can use to help keep these pests from getting into your home in the first place:
- Seal any cracks or openings in your home's exterior.
- Store food properly and don't leave it out overnight.
- Keep your home as dry and clean as possible.
- Have regular carpenter ant inspections.
- Use bait stations and ant traps around your home's exterior.
If you're looking for professional pest control, look no further than Pest Control Consultants. Using techniques such as advanced carpenter ant bait, exclusion barriers, and other solutions, we'll eliminate these pests. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help you lead a carpenter ant-free life.