You’ve heard of seasonal pests, you’ve heard of occasional invaders, but you may or may not have heard about overwintering bugs just outside your door!
Certain kinds of pests in Dixon become more aggressive about home invasion as the weather begins to cool down. As wind and rain lower seasonal temperatures, these pests become highly motivated to hide inside or around human buildings.
There are dozens of overwintering pest species in Dixon and hundreds of individual vectors that could be putting your property at risk. These pests include:
- Cluster Flies
- Stink Bugs (The Brown Marmorated Stink Bug)
As you might imagine, these types of pests create an enormous amount of damage inside and outside the home. Rodents can chew through almost any substance and spread serious illnesses from place to place. Animals like cluster flies, stink bugs and crickets can become a nuisance in the home, contaminating food sources and creating bad odors. Finally, pests like mosquitoes emerge during the warm summer months and can spread deadly viruses, bacteria, and parasite eggs from person to person.
If pests and their serious issues are not addressed early on, they could start endangering the lives of you, your family, and all your loved ones.
Overwintering Pest Prevention For Dixon Home And Business Owners
Overwintering pests are difficult to combat. However, there are some quick and easy tricks homeowners can use to get ahead of the curve:
- No matter what time of year it is, it’s essential to practice good stewardship around the yard and garden. Pick up and throw away all dead vegetation, shrubbery, and plants. These should be burned or disposed of in a plastic bag to prevent pest accumulation.
- Be sure to trim back any pest harborage zones. Thick bushes, long tree limbs, and other shady spaces should be quickly addressed.
- You can also dissuade pests from coming too close to the home by caulking and sealing all entry points. By relying on a waterproof formula built for indoor and outdoor conditions, you can better protect your yard from serious pests and their overwintering plans.
- Another level of protection comes from the management of indoor and outdoor moisture. Pests that like to overwinter in Dixon properties need a large volume of water to survive. Limit their infestation zones by running a dehumidifier in problem spaces. Consider installing desiccant bags or chemical moisture reducers for smaller areas that require marginal care.
While do-it-yourself (DIY) care during the fall will certainly reduce your risks for overwintering pests, they are unable to eliminate your chances without more potent products. Ongoing professional care is always your best option for success.
Why Pest Control Consultants Is Your Best Source For Quality
The most effective way to deal with a pest problem, especially during the fall season, is professional assistance from the team at Pest Control Consultants. For over 30 years, our dedicated professionals have been seeking new ways to manage and control overwintering pests in the Dixon area. With every scheduled home pest control visit, our team springs into action to provide:
- Same day services for emergency pest infestations
- Free pest inspections for all homeowners
- An award-winning pest-free guarantee
More than 3,500 customers strong, the crew behind Pest Control Consultants is ready and waiting to take on our next job. Call us today to inquire about one of our overwintering pest services or schedule an initial inspection before the fall season approaches. We’re here to help you thrive, no matter how many overwintering pests have their eye on you!