Trusted Pest Control Services In Moline, IL
Home to the world headquarters for John Deere, Moline sits along the Mississippi River. The largest city in Rock Island County and one of the Quad Cities, farm equipment remains an economic driver for the area. As a result, the city is home to hardworking Midwestern residents.
Next to one of North America’s longest rivers and surrounded by a green landscape, pests are commonly seen in the community. Their presence causes problems for homes and businesses as these animals can cause damage and spread illnesses when they invade properties. Fortunately, Moline pest control professionals are nearby to help.
Pest Control Consultants serves Moline with top-quality pest solutions. Our technicians have the tools to eliminate pests on your property and take steps to avoid future infestations.
Home Pest Control In Moline, IL
Most pests live unnoticed in the wooded areas around Moline. These locations provide easy access to houses where they can find food, water, and shelter. They cause problems for local homeowners by damaging structures and transmitting illnesses to residents.
We'll inspect your home to determine which pests are present. You can also explain your pest situation over the phone, enabling us to arrive prepared. Our environmentally-friendly treatment removes nuisances from your home, providing a more enjoyable environment when we finish.
Following our initial visit, we can return quarterly to stay on top of the pests around your property. Our technicians are knowledgeable about the common intruders in Moline and have the experience to protect your home. Call us today for a free inspection or to learn more about our home pest control services.
Commercial Pest Control In Moline, IL
While pests are problematic for households, they’re an even bigger problem for businesses. They can cause damage to buildings and spread illnesses to occupants, which can also impact your business’s reputation. Regardless of the industry, customers want a clean environment, and the appearance of pests in your establishment might cause them to go elsewhere.
Most businesses experience people frequently entering and exiting their facility, providing opportunities for pests to invade. They also reproduce in hidden areas, worsening the infestation. Pest Control Consultants can find these intruders and eject them from your facility.
Our technicians will inspect your building to determine the severity of the infestation and tailor a treatment plan for your needs. We use effective liquid treatments and provide recurring services to ensure your commercial facility remains pest-free. Contact us today for more about our commercial pest control services.
Are All Mosquitoes In Moline Dangerous?
Mosquitoes are a common annoyance for Moline residents. They typically come out around sunrise and sunset to feed on human blood. Depending on the conditions, you might spend most of your evening swatting these pests away as they attempt to bite you.
Most mosquitoes are annoying, but you can swat them away or crush them with your hand. The problem is with those carrying diseases. Culex and Asian tiger mosquitoes can cause illnesses in people with their bites, including:
- West Nile virus
Unfortunately, these insects are tiny, so it’s nearly impossible to tell which mosquitoes are on your property. Instead of risking your health, call professional mosquito control in Moline to remove these pests.
Our technicians at Pest Control Consultants will inspect your property to find signs of their presence and property conditions that might attract mosquitoes. We’ll treat vulnerable areas with our backpack misting system to eliminate adults and mosquito eggs. We offer single treatments for outdoor events and monthly services to protect your property year-round. Call us today if mosquitoes are a concern for your Moline property.
What Are The Benefits Of Disinfection Services For Moline Businesses?
People flow in and out of businesses daily. It's hard to protect your staff and customers when you don’t know your visitors' health or the types of pests entering your facility. For this reason, it’s essential to disinfect the surfaces around your property to protect everyone.
Many businesses wipe or spray disinfectant on surfaces after they’re touched them and think that’s enough. However, you could miss spots or spray disinfectant onto a coating over the surface, resulting in ineffective cleaning. Some of the benefits of hiring a disinfection service for your business include the following:
- Protects employees and customers: Disinfection services use the most effective products to kill bacteria and pathogens.
- Saves time: Professionals will disinfect your facility promptly.
- Improves productivity: Eliminating health risks makes employees more productive.
- Provides a safe environment: Customers will feel more comfortable when your facility is clean.
At Pest Control Consultants, our technicians use top-grade, EPA-approved products to disinfect surfaces, protecting your facility from harmful bacteria and viruses. While we offer a one-time service to sanitize your facility, we can also disinfect weekly. Call us if you need professional disinfection services to clean your commercial facility.
The Types Of Ants That Invade Moline Properties
Several species of ants commonly invade homes in Moline and Illinois in general. Some of the most common types include carpenter ants, which are large ants that can cause significant structural damage to buildings as they burrow into wood to create their nests, odorous house ants, which are tiny, dark ants that emit a rotten coconut-like odor when crushed, and pharaoh ants, which are commonly known for spreading bacteria and pathogens.
If you see signs of a carpenter ant infestation in your home, there is no time to waste. Black, red, or yellowish carpenter ants excavate and tunnel through wood, forming tunnels and nesting galleries that can, in time, cause significant issues. Carpenter ants are essential to the Earth's ecosystem as they can break down decaying wood and trees, but they are dangerous in your home. They can also be an indicator of a moisture problem or leak that is affecting the wooden structure of your home.
While ants are a common invader, there are many ways to eliminate them safely. Keeping your home clean and sanitized daily, ensuring that you do not have moisture problems like leaks, clogged gutters, and stagnant water, and keeping your food supply safely stored can go a long way in controlling infestations. When these precautions are not enough, Pest Control Consultants' licensed service members have the tools and products to eliminate them safely and quickly.
If you suspect an ant infestation has taken over your home, reach out to one of our service specialists to schedule an inspection. We will help you identify the species of ant that has taken up residence in your house and recommend ant control treatment and prevention strategies to keep them out for good.
Why It Is Considered Dangerous To Have Roaches In Your Moline House
Cockroaches are unhygienic scavengers who have likely spent time in sewers, garbage areas, and other rotting debris before entering your home. The most common species you will encounter in the area are the American cockroach, the German cockroach, and the oriental cockroach.
The best way to get rid of cockroaches is to combine prevention strategies like keeping your home clean, decluttered, and free of convenient access points with regular inspections and occasional treatments if you know roaches to be an issue in your home.
Having roaches in your house is considered dangerous for several good reasons, including the following:
- Cockroaches pose health risks: These scavengers carry many bacteria and pathogens on their bodies that can cause food poisoning, dysentery, and other illnesses. Some of the diseases that cockroaches can transmit include gastroenteritis, listeria, and salmonella.
- Cockroaches produce allergens: Cockroaches can cause respiratory issues in people with allergies or asthma from their saliva, droppings, and more. Some of these allergens can be airborne. Children and the elderly are the most susceptible, but anyone can develop an allergy to cockroaches.
- Cockroaches are resistant: They have evolved to resist many insecticides, making them difficult to control. These unwanted invaders have been around since dinosaurs' times; nothing has entirely eliminated them.
- Cockroaches reproduce quickly: Cockroaches can multiply rapidly, and because they tend to hide and come out at night, you might not realize how widespread your cockroach problem is. A female German cockroach can produce four or more egg capsules containing around 30 to 40 eggs each, and its entire life cycle can take as little as eight weeks!
Taking steps to prevent and control cockroach infestations in your home is crucial. Contact us today to learn more about our cockroach control services in Moline.
How And Why Spiders Find Their Way Into Our Moline Homes
Spiders are an essential part of the ecosystem, but you do not necessarily want them in your home, where they will spin webs, lay eggs, and could even leave you with a nasty bite depending on the species. Spiders can find their way into our homes for a variety of reasons, including the following:
- Shelter: Spiders often enter homes to find a warm, safe place to build their webs and lay their eggs. To avoid this, it is essential to dust your home regularly and get rid of clutter. Consider inspecting dark and quiet areas like basements and attics for the presence of spiders.
- Food: While many pests will take over your food supply, spiders may enter homes to hunt for insects, their primary food source. Outside this is beneficial, and spiders are a vital part of the balance in nature. Still, indoors, you must exterminate pest infestations that might attract spiders and other creepy crawlies.
- Access points: Spiders can easily crawl through open doors and windows, especially during warmer months. They can also enter homes through cracks and crevices in walls and foundations.
- Through regular human activity: Sometimes spiders are carried into homes inside boxes, furniture, and other items that were stored outside.
To avoid having spiders in your home, consider sealing cracks and crevices, keeping doors and windows closed, and reducing the number of insects inside your home with good sanitation and pest control strategies. If you already have an infestation, we can help you eliminate it and prevent future problems. Call us at Pest Control Consultants today to find out more.
Bed Bug Control Made Easy For Moline Homeowners
Bed bugs are parasitic insects that know to hide during the day only to come out at night and inflict painful bites that could cause welts and secondary infections. When it comes to eliminating them, it is best to rely on a professional pest control company with the right tools and experience to exterminate them, like high heat treatment strategies and other safe but effective products.
It is not your fault if you are struggling with a bed bug infestation, as these invaders can hitchhike efficiently and even come from neighboring apartments. However, it is best to act fast because they can reproduce quickly. And since they are so small, they can be hard to detect and reach. A bed bug infestation can also negatively impact your sleep quality and cause health and psychological issues.
If bed bugs are a problem, we have the tools and experience needed to eliminate them with minimal impact on your daily activities. Call us today to learn about our bed bug control services in Moline.
Request Your Free Inspection
Complete the form below to schedule your no obligation inspection.