Trusted Pest Control Services In Rock Island, IL
Located along the Mississippi River, Rock Island features historic houses and modern condominiums, providing comfortable living spaces for residents. The downtown area has art galleries, theaters, nightclubs, coffee shops, and restaurants, keeping locals entertained year-round.
The river and city parks offer outdoor recreation for residents. Unfortunately, these assets also provide homes for pests. The lack of food, water, or shelter can drive these animals inside, causing damage and presenting health risks to occupants. Rock Island pest control professionals provide the solution to this problem.
Pest Control Consultants know the Rock Island nuisances and have the tools to eliminate them to protect your home or business.
Home Pest Control In Rock Island, IL
Various pests call Rock Island home and can cause problems for your household. Many are excellent hiders, making them hard to discover. In the meantime, they’ll cause damage by chewing or tunneling through wood, insulation, and electrical wires. They also carry diseases, making their presence a health risk.
Our residential pest control services begin with a free inspection of your house. We’ll find where the pests are hiding and use state-of-the-art treatments to eliminate the infestation. We also offer quarterly service to keep your home protected all year.
Pest Control Consultants is a local business and knows the common pests in Rock Island. We customize our treatments to your needs, ensuring successful removal. Let us end your infestation.
Commercial Pest Control In Rock Island, IL
Building a business requires time and commitment. The last thing you need is something to make the task harder. Unfortunately, pests cause additional concerns when they invade an establishment. These creatures can damage buildings and risk the health of employees and customers.
When you call Pest Control Consultants to help your business, we’ll quickly respond and inspect your facility to determine the present risks. Our liquid treatments are safe for your staff and customers, and we offer recurring visits to stay on top of your pest situation.
Running a successful business is hard enough without added headaches. Our technicians know the common pests in Rock Island and have the tools to eliminate infestations. Give us a call today to learn more about how our commercial pest control services can protect your business.
Can One Bed Bug In My Rock Island Home Cause An Entire Infestation?
Despite their tiny sizes, bed bugs can travel long distances by attaching to the luggage and clothing of travelers. In most cases, noticing a single bed bug in your home means several more are nearby. However, it only takes one bed bug to create an infestation.
A female bed bug only has to mate once to begin producing eggs, and regular feeding enables her to continue reproducing. While she’ll eventually run out of sperm to fertilize her eggs, she can mate with her offspring to continue production.
One meal allows female bed bugs to produce between one and seven eggs per day for approximately ten days. After feeding again, she’ll be able to provide more eggs and lay around 113 in her lifetime.
These reproduction habits allow a single female bed bug to cause an infestation in your home without the help of a male. For this reason, it’s essential to eliminate any bed bugs in your home immediately. Our technicians will inspect your house to find these pests and provide the best bed bug treatment to end an infestation. Contact us when bed bugs are in your home, so we can help get them out.
About The Dangerous Diseases Mosquitoes In Rock Island Carry
Most mosquitoes in Rock Island are harmless. However, some mosquitoes carry dangerous diseases that can make bite victims ill. It’s hard to tell which mosquitoes are on your property, so you should be careful when these pests are around.
People bitten by infectious mosquitoes won't necessarily get sick. In fact, it’s rare for some types of mosquitoes to transmit pathogens to people they bite. However, Rock Island mosquitoes can carry five illnesses, affecting people for various periods. The diseases spread by mosquitoes include:
- West Nile virus: Typically spread by Culex mosquitoes and causes West Nile fever.
- Dengue: Most common in tropical and subtropical climates, resulting in a fever and flu-like symptoms.
- Chikungunya: Causes severe joint and muscle pain, with most people developing symptoms within a week of infection.
- Encephalitis: While few cases occur in the United States, it has about a 30% fatality rate and many survivors experience neurological issues.
- Tularemia: Symptoms vary, but tularemia is usually successfully treated with antibiotics.
If you can’t tell if the mosquitoes on your property are dangerous, call professional mosquito control whenever these pests are around. At Pest Control Consultants, we’ll inspect your property to find where mosquitoes reside and use our backpack misting system to eliminate the infestation. Call us today if mosquitoes are present on your Rock Island property.
Species Of Roaches That Commonly Invade Rock Island Homes
Cockroaches are an all-too-common pest for Rock Island homeowners. Here are some of the most common species in the area:
- American cockroach: The American cockroach is the largest species in the area and is a deep amber color in appearance. They are sometimes known as water bugs and are attracted to moisture issues, garbage, and decomposing produce.
- German cockroach: This species of cockroach is on the smaller side but is easy to identify due to its gray-brown metallic coloring. While they do have a set of wings, these roaches rarely fly; rather, they prefer to run very fast. They are also the most common type of cockroach around the globe and have a growing immunity to many treatments.
- Oriental cockroaches: These cockroaches are distinguishable because of their dark brown-black color, very prominent antennae, and oblong shape. They usually enter homes through drainage systems and come searching for a meal.
Regardless of the type of cockroach that homeowners may find, the best call that they can make is to Pest Control Consultants. We are the area’s trusted local pest experts and all of our technicians have the necessary training and tools to address cockroaches at the source.
All of our services are based on Integrated Pest Management (IPM) methods, so we will customize a treatment plan to each customer’s needs. By following IPM standards, people can also rest assured that the approach we’re taking is safe and designed to build sustainable results. For more information on cockroach control, call us today.
Is It Okay To Let Spiders Live In Your Rock Island House?
The spiders that find your Rock Island house are not okay to keep around. One of the main issues with spiders is that they are usually a clear indication of other pest problems. Spiders are largely attracted to pests like ants, gnats, mosquitoes, flies, and cockroaches. These pests also come with their own issues, like the more than 60 types of bacteria that roaches spread. And these pests can also act as prey for other pests like wildlife.
Another key reason why it is not okay to let spiders take up shelter in your home is that they could be harmful species like black widows or brown recluses. These two types of spiders are venomous and are known to bite people who they feel are threatening them.
At Pest Control Consultants, we provide comprehensive services that address spiders and the pests that they eat. Our residential pest control program is based on the approach of Integrated Pest Management, so we are able to address spiders from every aspect. This method means that we will visit your home on a quarterly basis to apply our protective barrier and address any issues that arise. We use exclusively eco-friendly products in your home as well. Spiders are a key component of this program, so we are always de-webbing and addressing multiple factors along the way. If any spiders appear between your routine visits, we will provide no-cost re-treatments until they cease to be an issue. For more information on spider control, please call us today.
Four Simple Rodent Exclusion Tips For Around Your Rock Island Home
Rodents like rats and mice and built a relationship with Rock Island homeowners like you over time and now get everything that they need without little help on your part. Once rodents are able to access the inside of your home, they are very unlikely to leave.
Rodents can produce over six litters of pups each year and nest in areas of the home that you likely never encounter. They are also associated with health risks such as hantavirus and lymphocytic choriomeningitis. Rather than letting rodents move into your home, try starting with these four tips:
- Seal off potential entry points. Mice are capable of using openings no larger than a dime, so check your foundation for these to start. Try filling them up with materials such as steel wool, wire mesh, and expanding foam. You will also want to leave garage doors open cautiously, as they often use open garages to enter homes.
- Tend to the outside. Rats are very skilled climbers and they are known to use trees as a means of entering homes. It’s important, then, to prune hedges and trees often, especially if they come into direct contact with your home. And when addressing the outside of your home, be sure that all outdoor garbage bins have lids on them and get taken out on a regular basis.
- Don’t ignore moisture issues. All rodents need a source of water, so if you are dealing with any leaks, it’s crucial that you fix them. Look at pipes, gutters, and condensation accumulation and fix any problems that arise.
- Bring in professional help. The most reliable way to prevent rodents from being an issue is with help from a trusted pest expert.
For more information on rodent control, call Pest Control Consultants today.
The Best Call To Make About Bees In Your Rock Island Yard
Bees look to Rock island properties like yours during the warmer months and are attracted to a host of conditions. They look for flowers, fruit trees, and other sweet substances. While some bees are docile, others can be aggressive and even potentially harmful to your well-being.
When it comes to dealing with the bees in your yard, there is no better call to make than to Pest Control Consultants. We are a locally owned service-oriented company that specializes in comprehensive, customized pest control solutions. Each of our technicians is licensed and certified, so you will always receive the best possible service.
When dealing with bees, we will start by inspecting your entire yard to determine what’s attracting them and where they are nesting. From there, we will create a unique treatment plan to clear them off of your property. Because we follow Integrated Pest Management, we are also focused on keeping bees away from your home long-term. All of the products that we use are eco-friendly and we provide extensive education on preventive measures as well. To further provide you with peace of mind, these services come with a pest-free guarantee. For more information on bee control, please call us today.
Request Your Free Inspection
Complete the form below to schedule your no obligation inspection.