Trusted Pest Control Services In Barrington, IL
Barrington is a village that is one of the area’s most sought-after places to live. This suburb is located within close enough proximity to Chicago that many of its residents commute, but it also has the benefit of being surrounded by nature preserves and feeling like an escape. Barrington is known for its excellent public schools and community programs as well as its enticing local food scene and overall high quality of life. But even quaint areas like Barrington see their share of pest problems during the year.
At Pest Control Consultants, we have been providing quality pest control in Barrington for more than 30 years! As a service-oriented company, everything that we do is designed to make your life easier. We staff only the most qualified technicians, offer free inspections, and follow the most up-to-date protocols, and all of our work is informed by Integrated Pest Management methods. For more information on our pest control solutions, please call us today.
Home Pest Control In Barrington, IL
At Pest Control Consultants, it’s our mission to keep your Barrington home free from pests and deliver the best experience in the process. We are a service-forward company that is fully committed to your success. All of our work follows the Integrated Pest Management approach and we offer a pest-free guarantee so that you’re never alone in dealing with pests.
To maximize the coverage that you receive, we have the option of our Home Protection Plan. This entails quarterly visits to inspect your entire property and understand why and how pests are interacting with your home. We use environmentally friendly products that you can feel good about while also giving you tips on prevention to further deter pests. With this plan, you’ll be protected from pests such as silverfish, cockroaches, rodents, and more. To learn more about our residential pest control services, please call us today.
Commercial Pest Control In Barrington, IL
As a business owner in Barrington, there’s a lot that you have to do to keep things running smoothly. When pest problems happen, they throw an unexpected curveball that you aren’t necessarily equipped to handle on your own. At Pest Control Consultants, we deliver customized pest control solutions so that your property is always protected.
We abide by the principles of Integrated Pest Management (IPM), which means that we are able to quickly alleviate any current pest issues that you have while also taking a proactive stance against future issues. This approach focuses on habitat modifications and the strategic use of eco-conscious products. Because we follow IPM standards, you can rest assured that we will monitor your business closely and always guarantee the results. For more information on our commercial pest control offerings, please call us today.
How To Protect Your Barrington Home From Termite Damage
Each year, termites are responsible for causing approximately 5 billion dollars in damage to homes across the United States. In order to protect your Barrington home from becoming another statistic, try these tips:
- Don’t ignore water issues. Whether you spot a small leak from an internal pipe, moist crawl spaces, or have more significant water damage, rectify these issues because they may lure termites.
- Be conscientious about wood. Termites have the ability to use outside wood sources to enter your home. To eliminate areas of attraction, maintain at least 20 inches of distance between mulch beds and your foundation and keep decks in good condition.
- Don’t ignore the signs. Some indications of termite activity can include swollen floors, doors that can’t close, and peeling paint. Because termites can eat wood 24/7, this damage may only grow, so it’s best not to ignore the signs.
- Seek assistance. By working with a pest control specialist, you can benefit from trusted termite monitoring and the use of top-shelf products and methods to both eliminate termites and prevent them.
For more information on termite control, call Pest Control Consultants today.
Bed Bug Control: What Barrington Homeowners Need To Know
Living in Barrington means potentially coming into contact with bed bugs at various points throughout the year. Here are a few things that homeowners ought to know:
- Bed bugs thrive where there are people. Places like movie theaters, restaurants, schools, and shopping centers are all common places to pick up bed bugs. It’s important for people to inspect themselves before returning home.
- Look out for neighbors. Bed bugs can easily maneuver through shared walls, which makes them a possible issue for people who live in apartment buildings. For added protection, consider using door sweeps and weatherstripping.
- Travel carefully. Flights, bus rides, and hotel stays are also typical ways that people end up with bed bug infestations, so store all worn clothes in bags and wash them on the highest setting upon arriving home.
- Professional help is a must. When it comes to preventing bed bugs and eliminating active outbreaks, there’s nothing more reliable than help from a pest control professional.
For more information on residential bed bug control call Pest Control Consultants today.
How Can I Tell What Type Of Ant Has Invaded My Barrington Home?
Ants are persistent pests that are challenging to eliminate once they establish a colony in your home for various reasons. One is that they are highly social, and the queen, responsible for keeping the ant population healthy, can be hard to reach with store-bought treatments. Unfortunately, your infestation will grow stronger if she can regularly replenish the colony's numbers.
While there are hundreds of species of ants in the United States, you will most likely encounter either the odorous house ant or the pharaoh ant in Barrington. Odorous house ants, which are small and dark in color, are easily recognized by the rotten coconut-like scent that they release when crushed.
Pharaoh ants, on the other hand, tend to be lighter in color, from yellow to red, with a red or black abdomen. Both types of ants can cause various issues, including rendering your food supply unfit for consumption because of bacterial contamination. Pharaoh ants, in particular, can transmit salmonella and streptococcus and are a concerning issue in homes, medical settings, and more.
If you are struggling with an ant infestation, Pest Control Consultants has a team of experienced professionals who can eliminate these unwanted invaders with prevention strategies and top-of-the-line ant control treatments. Call us today to find out more about our services and schedule a free inspection.
Why It's Dangerous To Have Cockroaches In Your Barrington Home
Cockroaches have been around since the dinosaurs and have survived by adapting and evolving to become more resistant to treatments and more challenging to exterminate. These scavengers are one of the most unhygienic pests you could have in your home, and spotting even one is often a sign of a bigger problem. Even if you are dealing with a small population of cockroaches, they can quickly become much more extensive and challenging to eliminate.
In Barrington, you might find three common types of cockroaches, the German cockroach, the American cockroach, and the oriental cockroach. All three are problematic species you need to keep out of your home. There are many reasons why cockroaches are dangerous, including the following:
- Cockroaches carry pathogens: These unhygienic insects feed and live in unsanitary places like garbage and sewage, where they pick up bacteria, viruses, and other pathogens on their legs and bodies. They can spread them all over your home and food preparation areas, potentially making you and your pets sick. Some of the diseases cockroaches carry include dysentery, salmonella, gastroenteritis, and E. coli.
- Cockroaches can cause allergic reactions: Cockroach feces, urine, saliva, and shed skin can trigger allergic reactions in some people and cause symptoms like sneezing, runny nose, itchy eyes, and asthma. They are more likely to affect children, the elderly, and people with a compromised immune system.
- Cockroaches reproduce quickly: German cockroaches can produce multiple generations per year. A single female can lay up to 50 eggs at a time, which can take as little as eight weeks to turn into adults. Even cockroaches with a slower reproduction rate can still lead to a full infestation that is challenging to exterminate if left unaddressed.
If you see even one cockroach, you are likely dealing with a hidden infestation, as these scavengers are primarily nocturnal and tend to stay away from human activity. If you are struggling with a cockroach problem, the team at Pest Control Consultants can help you get rid of it safely and quickly.
The Safest Way To Get Rid Of Dangerous Spiders Around Your Barrington Home
Barrington is home to various spiders, but the ones you will most likely want to eliminate are the wolf spiders, brown recluse spiders, and cellar spiders. Spiders are an essential part of the ecosystem as they prey on unwanted pests like mosquitoes and ants and are pretty harmless for the most part.
However, there are dangerous species you will want to stay away from, mainly the brown recluse. You can recognize this type of spider by the violin-shaped pattern on its cephalothorax. If you get bitten by a spider, especially a dangerous variety, you must seek help from a medical professional.
The safest way to get rid of spiders around your Barrington home is to work with a pest control professional. Call us today to discover how we can eliminate your spider problem for good, including prevention strategies to prevent it from returning.
Our spider control services include a home inspection to determine why spiders got inside and the best treatments based on your situation and preferences. We will also show you how to keep your home spider-free with strategies like sealing off access points, keeping food and water away from unwanted pests, lowering humidity levels, and more. Call us today to get started.
Barrington's Most Effective Wasp Control Method
Dealing with pollinators can be tricky. Of all the stinging pests that could invade your property, wasps are some of the worst. You want to keep your home and family safe from painful stings and attacks from swarms of insects, but keeping them away needs to be done in an environmentally-conscious way, as wasps are often an integral part of a healthy ecosystem.
Unfortunately, wasps can be dangerous because they use a stinger for self-defense if they feel threatened. When they do, they can sting multiple times, causing pain, swelling, and in some cases, a severe allergic reaction that can be life-threatening. Wasps are notoriously more aggressive than some other stinging insects like bees, and people with bee or wasp sting allergies should take extra precautions to avoid being stung.
The most effective wasp control method is to work with a company like Pest Control Consultants. We specialize in wasp removal and other types of pest control services. We have the tools and expertise to eliminate wasps without risking your family's safety. If you are wondering if treatments, physical removal, baits, traps, and more might be right for you, call us today to speak with one of our licensed service members.
Request Your Free Inspection
Complete the form below to schedule your no obligation inspection.