Crickets in St. Charles are common, and if you own a home here, you are likely to meet them sooner or later. House crickets are considered nuisances in your home, but that doesn’t mean you want them there. Once crickets find a place they like, they will move there and begin breeding. Crickets breed quickly, and you can suddenly find yourself dealing with a cricket infestation that seemingly came out of nowhere.
Do crickets have you hopping mad? Pest Control Consultants can give you a jump start on getting them back out of your house. Call us today.
Identifying Common Cricket Species: A Key Step In Control
Are you wondering if that bug you see is a cricket? Here’s how to tell:
- Rear legs: Crickets have large rear legs for their size and can jump considerable distances with them.
- Antennae: Crickets have intermediate-length antennae that curve upward from their heads.
- Size and shape: Where cockroaches are wide and flat, crickets stand taller and are more upright and rectangular.
- Color: The crickets that invade your home often have dark brown to black coloring.
- Habitat: Crickets are drawn to dark, moist areas, especially if the areas are cool.
- Singing: Crickets chirp during mating season; this is often the way homeowners discover that they have termites in their homes.
Got crickets in your house? We know how to get rid of crickets in houses. Get in touch with us today for help.
Understand The Cricket Menace: The Problem With Crickets In The House
Crickets don’t bite or sting; they try to escape encounters with you. They still present problems, however. Crickets can damage clothing, textiles, and furniture. They also tend to leave droppings everywhere they travel. Crickets can contaminate your countertops and dinnerware because crickets are perfectly happy crawling on your floor and then your plates.
If you want to get rid of crickets, you want the Pest Control Consultants technicians with extensive experience with all types of pest infestations. Drop us a line today if you need help with crickets.
Cricket Control Mistakes To Avoid: Lessons From Common Missteps
Here are some of the ways you can experience a higher probably of encountering crickets on your property:
- Letting clutter pile up: Crickets are drawn to clutter in your yard, especially if it is thick. Get rid of clutter to get rid of crickets.
- Landscaping features: Landscaping features like stones, blocks, or bricks give crickets plenty of hiding places. Minimize landscaping features to decrease the risk of crickets.
- Outside lighting: Crickets go to lights, and they are nocturnal. Decrease the amount of outdoor lighting you use at night to decrease your risk of attracting crickets.
- Water sources: Crickets love moist places and will flock to them. Eliminating outside water sources can help discourage crickets from coming and staying on your property or home.
Pest Control Consultants know how to get rid of crickets in walls and everywhere else. Contact us today to learn more about our professional home pest control services.
Professional Help: Know When To Call In The Experts About Crickets
To most effectively manage a cricket infestation, you need the knowledge of how to get rid of crickets, the habits and behaviors crickets demonstrate, and the ability to consider all aspects of a cricket infestation; this may sound daunting, but don’t worry.
Pest Control Consultants specialists have you covered. We have extensive experience dealing with pest infestations in St. Charles homes, including crickets. Call us today. You will be glad you did.